Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oops, forgot to set "standards" for blog

You might want to simply scan through this post, because I think I might have gotten a little too much in depth.
OK. So my first post was somewhat out of the blue. I forgot to establish exactly how I would like my cats blog to be used. So first of all, this blog is not really mine. It's everyone's. Yes, I know, that's practically the definition of a blog. But what I mean is this:
OK, so I like to talk about cats. But as for topics about cats, my list is pretty short: cat toys, um… what else….
See what I mean? I can't really establish many topics about cats for this blog. So, people reading my blog (like you) and posting on it should be the ones who establish the cat topics for this blog, because otherwise, this blog won't grow. The truth is, blogs aren't grown by their makers. They're grown by their users.
Oh dear, I've gotten myself off topic. And I hope I didn't just explain all that with the result of people thinking something along the lines of "yeah, yeah, ok, nothing new there." I also hope that I didn't explain all that simply because I'm new to blogging and finally, well, "get it."
Well, now that I'm done rambling, it's time to go back to what I made this blog for: cats. Meow!

13 comments:

  1. This blog seems rather.. pointless

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't get the point of the blog, maybe you just don't like cats. *shrugs* I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogspot Guy is right. What point is this blog trying to accomplish? Or prove?
    Does it help someone?
    No.
    Is it really informative of something..important?
    Of course not.
    Its just a blog that rambles on about your cat.
    Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what is your comment trying to accomplish? Or prove? Does it help someone? Is it really informative of something...important?

    Please prove using a cat, a balloon, a piece of string, and three Connect Four dominoes that her cat is unimportant.

    And I dare you to tell me Connect Four tokens are not essentially dominoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog Guy and Andres --

    Not every blog is meant to be deep and meaningful. This is a blog about a girl and her cat, meant to be fun. If you must be sourpusses about it, then just don't bother with it.

    BTW, ebet did ask for people to join in. I guess you missed that. So if you don't like it, and you can't contribute anything constructive, then just go back to your own deeply meaningful lives. I'll bet they're deeply boring as well.

    ebet, you're doing well. I love how you use words, but even more I love seeing how much you love your kitty. Great pics too, she's a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, here's something else for thought: Now-popular blogs most likely did not start out with a real purpose (or at least not an apparent one.) Plus, I haven't even completely finished setting up my blog. And one final note: please reread the last line of the original post. Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. apocryfeline, why must i use those select materials to prove my point?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, I meant four Connect Three dominoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, ok, but still, why those materials?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry, I meant two Connect One dominoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent. Now please use a cat, a balloon, a piece of string, and two Connect One dominoes to prove that 7ebet7's cat is unimportant. Political citations can include Otto von Bismarck. Cosmic citations can include Orion's Belt and the spaceship that landed last night in my back yard and safely delivered a stray dog to the local humane society.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was no stray dog, that was Rufus.

    ReplyDelete